Ask Me Anything Mondays is currently on hiatus -- not taking new questions at this time.
But access the #AMAMONDAY Answer Vault is available FOR FREE 24/7.
SUPER EASY WAYS TO ASK YOUR ART QUESTIONS - Email, Instagram or through the #AMAMONDAY Portal
Bi MONTHLY ANSWERS To Your Questions From A Professional Artist & Art Consultant
QUICK HITS OF KNOWLEDGE About Art & Business that you'll never find just googling.
#ARTANSWERS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX EVERY OTHER MONDAY - Keep an eye out for the #artanswers email around 4:30pm on Mondays
24/7 ACCESS TO ALL OF THE ANSWERS in the #AMAMONDAY ANSWER VAULT
Artist & Art Consultantkatie@katiebrennanartconsulting.com
- Ask Me A Question!
- TOUR OF #AMAMONDAY INTERFACE
- Q: I don’t know what to do right now. FREE PREVIEW
- Q: How do I be a part of the art world? A: Um...which one?
- Q: If I sell well on Instagram, does that mean I can get a gallery then?
- Q: Why art school doesn’t teach you about business?
- Q: What if I forget to put a label on my work?
- Q: What should I focus on for 2020?
- Who do you make your art for?
- Q: What is your take on taking breaks, and do you have some tips on how to go about it in a way that won't hinder my business too much?
- Q: Is it possible to navigate a career in art licensing and not feel like I’m contributing to mass market consumer culture?
- Q: Will licensing my art detract from the value of my artwork?
- Q: I’m feeling lost in my art, which hasn’t really ever happened before. What do I do? How do I fix it?
- Q: How do I draw a tree? (aka how do I make my art a business?)
- Q: What do you think about the big convention style shows like “Art Vancouver” and similar interior design shows?
- Q: Is anyone out there paying any attention to what I'm doing?
- Q: When is taking a break the best way to keep making art?
- Q: How can you make art that you’re proud of?
- Q: Am I selling out if I license my art?
- What is the difference between a giclee and a digital print?
- Q: What if you didn’t go to art school?
- Q: How do I get into the art world? How do I make it there?
- Q: How do I show up consistently, while also honouring my need to be free and fluid?
- Q: What do you say to yourself to keep yourself going? FREE PREVIEW
- Q: Had a big painting day. It feels like I just have body work and a therapy session all in one. Does this ever happen to you?
- Q: If someone says "I want to go forward with you for this project", would it be appropriate for me to then send them a contract?
- Q: What makes a good exhibition proposal? And why do exhibition proposals even exist?
- Q: How do you go about looking for and making your own exhibition opportunities, especially for big paintings?
- Q: What should I put on the ABOUT page of my website?
- Q: I'm getting my art scanned. The scanning place said they can do 600Dpi. Is this enough and how do I know the pixels?
- Q: What are some of the most common mistakes emerging artists make when it comes to pricing? FREE PREVIEW
- LIVE Q&A - Lots of Q's, including: What don't artists know that I wish they did? What is art consulting? Should I do a MFA?
- Q: I have a company who wants to purchase my paintings then reproduce them for their stores - do you have any suggestions?
- Q: What info is best to keep about clients ( and why) without trying to track everything and getting overly complicated and clunky.
- Q: What do you do with art that doesn’t fit in with the rest of your work?
- Q: When should / can an artist ask for an artist fee? When invited to exhibit or when they propose to?
- Q: How do I work with multiple art licensors at once and still honour their requests to not double pitch your work for the same projects?
- Q: I’m looking for some advice on starting my own prints. What should my first move be?
- Q: Apart from grants (which always feel like applying for the lottery :) do you have any ideas of where / how to get financial support for making art or exhibiting?
- Q: Do you have suggestions about how to find the right fit for galleries to approach, especially if you are looking beyond your own community?
- Q: What is the single most impactful habit or routine that you've used to create a consistent daily art practice?
- Q: I have a handful of great licensing relationships, but I’d love to start one or two more - what is the best way to find some good companies?
- Q: How can I approach the industry as an artist lacking the experience and track record, but natural authentic and inspired creative with a versatile and provocative perception of projecting my world?
- Q: What is the best strategy for hanging/displaying art that are in all different color groups. Do I keep like colors together or just start hanging?? Mainly referring to smaller spaces like a craft fair.
- Q: How do I learn more about entering the art licensing world? What would be the first steps I should take?
- Q: Do you have recommendations about best practices for approaching curators with exhibition proposals, or simply to introduce your work?
- Q: What are gallerists looking for in the artists they choose to work with and represent?
- ANSWER COMPENDIUM